HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lamstaa

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:30 am

Me "n" Em are about this weekend
Emma for the whimps ride - I'll be trying to keep up with the non-wimps (been quite a while since exeeced anything more than 7 mile to work ride!)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm

See Dave you will have more than enough riders of the none wimp variety to keep you busy.I only hope you have the services of steveo to help you keep on top of them all.
I have hopefully booked my Lantern Rouge so I am sorted. Laughing Very Happy Just need to warn the garden centre of our impending arrival.

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Scott, I really like the idea of some sort of regular slower ride like this.
I've recently been advised that if I want to improve, I should be doing more low heart-rate rides (brill, slack off *and* get better - what's not to love about this advice?) And the usual 'keeping-up-with-the-boys' rides are definitely not low heart-rate for me.
Well, you know, aside from the racing pulses from all the lycra.
So it is brilliant if there's an occasional option to ride with you charming NBCC chaps and achieve this L2 zone riding malarky.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm

hannahe wrote:
I've recently been advised that if I want to improve, I should be doing more low heart-rate rides (brill, slack off *and* get better - what's not to love about this advice?) And the usual 'keeping-up-with-the-boys' rides are definitely not low heart-rate for me.
So it is brilliant if there's an occasional option to ride with you charming NBCC chaps and achieve this L2 zone riding malarky.
Smile

Did you per chance attend a seminar last night?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:39 am

Not so much wimping out, but being sensible.

I'll likely be pulling out due to the ice warnings.
I was there when everyone around me was going down on that patch of ice on the Cheesy roadie ride, and only my 40c's saved me. I don't want to be the next to ride in the air ambulance.
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:10 am

I'm hoping the yr.no forecast is the most accurate (4c overnight then drops to 0-1c during the day so hopefully no ice on the roads)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 am

Shopping bike and whimps ride for me. No racing pulses, ferrets or even pigeons this weather.
Back to top Go down
Speedplay

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm

We will obviously need to take a ....errrm...rain check at Costa on Sunday morning. The Met office a hour ago (ie: 12.00 midday friday 11th) said 'rain and sleet dying out over Saturday night with temperatures rapidly falling leading to icy surfaces Sunday am'. We'll need to keep an eye of the forecast - it will get updated - for better or for worse - nearer the time. None-the-less, we should err on the side of caution if when we wake up on Sunday if there's a deep forst over wet roads!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:38 pm

If we had cancelled every time the weather forecast said so then we would not have been out at all last year.
WHY THE DOOM AND GLOOM

If any one can accurately forecast what the weather will be like at 10.00 am on Sunday then there is a job for you at the met office.

This is getting almost as bad as people posting up that they are NOT coming.
Lets just wait and see shall we.
Of course we have contingency plans if needed but I WILL NOT cancel until Sunday morning at 10.00.so it's up to you.
BUT PLEASE DO NOT POST DOOM AND GLOOM!

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 pm

But according to some uber cyclist we are a 'tryhard contingent' with no common sense so we must go out regardless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Does saying one's going to rides one's shiny shiny shopping bike dressed as a gimp with the whimps constitute doom and gloom?
Back to top Go down
Cooky

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm

martin wrote:

Does saying one's going to rides one's shiny shiny shopping bike dressed as a gimp with the whimps constitute doom and gloom?
Not if you're going to wear a little black dress it doesn't
Back to top Go down
http://www.iancook2000.co.uk
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Oh dear not that old thing again, can't you give the leather hot pants an airing?

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm

GOOD NEWS AT LAST
Just got this in my e mail so if all goes to plan I will take you all to Spain to ride.
Just hope the money comes through before the Ice and snow.

FROM DR.MUSTAPHA ALI,
BILL & EXCHANGE MANAGER,
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT,
BANK OF AFRICA (BOA)

My Dear Good Friend,

With all due respect I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I found your Email contact listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce directory here in Burkina Faso. Firstly I will like to introduce my self, I’m DR.MUSTAPHA ALI, the Bill & Exchange Manager in foreign Remittance Department, BANK OF AFRICA (BOA).Ouaga-Burkina Faso in West Africa, with due respect and regards, I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction.

During my investigation and Auditing in the bank in my department i came across a very huge sum amount of money belonging to a deceased person, a foreigner who died in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with the bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this development.

Although personally, I kept this information secret within myself to enable the whole plans and idea be profitable and successful during the time of execution, The amount involved is USD$15.5.000,000.(FIFTEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS) Meanwhile the whole arrangement and directives needed to put claim over this fund as the beneficiary and next of kin to the deceased, will be forward to you upon your acceptance, All information’s will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist me and also benefit yourself to this great business opportunity.

In fact I could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant, we are not allowed to operate a foreign account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because I work in this bank as the Bill & Exchange Manager for it is only a Foreigner can be allowed to Claim the inheritance Fund. Because the Deceased is a Foreigner from Toronto Canadian Nationality.

This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavit of trust of Oath to the bank and also present a foreign account where he will need the money to be re-transferred into on his request as it may be, after due verification and clarification to designated bank account.

I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is genuine and 100% risk free, On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total sum as gratification, while 5% for any incurable expenses that will come during the transfer, then 5% for charity Organization like (motherless baby home)in Burkina Faso and also there in your Country. Bear in mind that at the end of the Transaction i shall have 50% as my own share.

You have been advised to keep top secret as we are still in service and intend to retire from service after we conclude this deal with you. I will be monitoring the whole situation here in the bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country or any other country you may advice me to invest in.

All other necessary information will be sent to you once I receive positive response from you. I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible and also declare your stand towards the deal by sending your private information's bellow.

Your Full Name______________
Your Home Address____________
Your Age ____________________
Your Nationality____________
Your Mobile Telephone Number_
Your Occupation _____________
Your Identification card_____
Married Status_____________
Male or Female_____________

Thanks and Best Regard.

Your's Faithfully.

DR.MUSTAPHA ALI.

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Well they certainly like you don't they, you lucky boy. You seem to be getting one of those a week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I'll be out on my bike, just not with you lot Razz If it is awful, Costa has cake and coffee. Feel free to untwist knickers now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 am

Julia.Innes wrote:
hannahe wrote:
Smile

Did you per chance attend a seminar last night?

Hi Julia,
Very interesting that you ask - I didn't, but very nearly did! A friend signed me up but then forgot to tell me we were going...
Is this the one you mean?
http://bwcycling.co.uk/evening-talks/
And if you went, was it good? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 am

Hi Scot, apologies but V and I won't be joining today. Nothing to do with the weather as it actually looks to be crisp and dry, more a case of things we need to get done before the working week starts again. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 am

I had some idiot trying to scam me out of my Yamaha R6,he also asked me to send him some pictures,so i downloaded a picture of Valentino Rossi stood next to his moto gp bike and sent that.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Just a quickie
If you have applied and came on the ride today PLEASE send me a pm or e mail me on my Yahoo e mail adress. TA
I MUST apologise I am crap at remembering names to faces to user names.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th   

Back to top Go down

WHIMPS ALTERNATIVE.Option 2. Sunday 13th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2