HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Wednesday rides - general

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Wednesday rides - general   Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Following on from what Scott has asked .... this is so we can keep it clear :-)

6pm starts ... Can you do it or not ?

Me - Yes defo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday rides - general   Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 am

Should normally be able to make them...

Would also be worth seeing who's up for rides in the dark (as soon enough 6pm is going to be dark anyhow :p ). You would need fairly decent lights as going along at 15-30mph on unlit country roads with potholes etc. isn't a good idea if you only have a little £10 flashing LED front light. That said you only really need to spend about £50 on the Magicshine type lights (although some people report reliability issues...). I do have a spare light I can loan out but I can't guarantee I can make the ride each week.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday rides - general   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 am

My view......

Currently very difficult for me to make 6pm starts but may be able to in the future. It would be a rush for me to get back sort myself out then head out to meet. Guess it would be the same for typical 9-5 jobs?!?

It wont be long that it will be dark around 6, not sure when clocks go back too?. I personally don’t mind riding in the dark. Actually I do enjoy riding in the dark a lot as it adds a new dimension to our usual rides.

As long as we are responsible and have appropriate lights and Hi-viz I don't see a problem.

We do need to be more aware of riders being left behind or riding off up front. It is so easy for one who doesn't know the route to get lost.

That's why for night riding to work we need to be organised and MUST ride together. Smile

Last edited by merlin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nbcc.forumsmotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday rides - general   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:31 am

I can make 6pm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday rides - general   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:24 pm

6pm starts are ok with me too, lights is a must as I was caught out last wednesday and felt vunerable, the clocks go back on Halloween october 31st BST ends. I think phil has a point that when some of us sprint on for a bit of fun we need to do that when its light and when darkness falls, it musketeer slogan time, one for all and all for one ! and all that !!. This will need to be well organised and properly riden, do you think dark lanes are advisable at this time or stick to semi busy/ lit roads ?.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday rides - general   

Back to top Go down

Wednesday rides - general
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1