HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:07 am

OPEN INVITATION

Was going to do this solo but thought I would throw it up here and see if anyone was interested.

Because I have not been able to get out and ride this week as the Mrs has been working in Malaga & because Sunday is going to be a glorious day I am heading out on a little adventure to get some miles (& hills) in.

The plan is to leave Thornbury at 7:30am.
The pace will be easy/steady.
Will include a stop for morning coffee somewhere.
There is a large protion of the route that I have never ridden before so will be a bit of a voyage in to the unknown.
We will arrive at Hill shortly after 12pm to meet up with the rest of NBCC for cake.

Route is below.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2785954

As it says above. This is an open invitiation to anyone that can get up early enough & would like to do some extra miles and maybe find some (nice) new roads.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Ah my neck of the woods.
The only one I will warn you of is Crawley Hill It's steep and long which is not a problem but it is VERY ROUGH I have been complaining to the council for ages but to no avail.Almost worth going up Lampern instead.The rest is nice lovely fast roads around the river/Canal.

Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:59 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Ah my neck of the woods.
The only one I will warn you of is Crawley Hill It's steep and long which is not a problem but it is VERY ROUGH I have been complaining to the council for ages but to no avail.Almost worth going up Lampern instead.The rest is nice lovely fast roads around the river/Canal.

Thanks Scott. Your local knowledge is invaluable.

Crawley hill is the one that takes you from Uley up to the top of Frocester, yes?

Its only in there because I wanted a blast down Whiteway Wink

I think I have been up Crawley Hill before last time we did Lampern, when Chris & I chased after a lad who took a wrong turn only to find out he meant to branch off........

I have never ridden the roads out by the river so looking forward to it.

Thanks for the warning. See you at Hill for cake.
Back to top Go down
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Scott,

What is the Stables Cafe in Saul like? Was thinking of stopping there for a quick coffee before the run down to Hill.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 pm

The cafe on the canal bridge is ok nice cake and coffee. Or there is the Canal visitors centre about 200yds up the canal where you can't buy a cuppa tea but you can put a donation in the tin!
Yep Crawley hill thats the one as you say that you and Chris went up chasing.
If you turn right as you enter Uley then that will take you up Stouts hill then left at the top and brings you out at the top of Frocester.

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm up for this.
This is my last work free weekend for a month so it will be good to get in a good spin. There's lots of new ground for me too.
Where is meeting place in Thornbury ?
Back to top Go down
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi Paul. Good to have you on board.

Do you know the Anchor on Gloucester Road? Be there for 7:30am?

MAP HERE
Back to top Go down
Speedplay

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:42 am

Thanks David. See you there.
Back to top Go down
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 am

tontonpaul wrote:
Thanks David. See you there.

I'll PM you my mobile number just in case you have trouble finding us.
Back to top Go down
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:56 am

Speedplay wrote:
I'm in!

Cool.

I'll see you outside your house at 7:25am so that we can roll round to the Anchor to meet Paul at 7:30am. I think we will go up the Hacket to get up to the A38. Something to get the blood pumping Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July   

Back to top Go down

Not the Cake Ride but with Cake - 7th July
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1