HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 
 

 1st Sept Pavlova Extra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gary

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 1536
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 58

PostSubject: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Here's the slightly more stretching route to the Hill Pavlova being led by yours truly. Kick-off 10am from Costa Bradley Stoke.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3235726
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 587
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Gary wrote:
Here's the slightly more stretching route to the Hill Pavlova being led by yours truly. Kick-off 10am from Costa Bradley Stoke.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3235726
I see, so you finished knocking it out for Saturday and have already started stretching it for Sundays route Wink 
Back to top Go down
Gary

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 1536
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 pm

As Dick Emery would say, "ooh you are awful, but I like you".
Back to top Go down
Scott.A

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 587
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Gary wrote:
As Dick Emery would say, "ooh you are awful, but I like you".
Ha ha, them were the days
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

avatar

Location : Very north Bristol
Posts : 9286
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:48 am

Who's Dick Emery ? Must be before my time.Very Happy 

_________________
.My memory must be going .I can't remember asking or your opinion!
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:51 am

bigsenior wrote:
Who's Dick Emery ? Must be before my time.Very Happy 

I thought it was something they gave sailors to help improve their personal hygeine cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 am

All being well I will be down to join you.

As expected If im not there on time then leave, its what I would have wanted.

Sean.
Back to top Go down
Gary

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 1536
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Looking forward to meeting you Sean. Hope you don't get lost. If you're using a satnav to get to Bradley Stoke the post code is BS32 8BS (the old post code of BS32 8EF we used to give as our start point actually takes you to the pub next to the Tesco Filling Station).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi Gary,
I plan on bringing my son Louis for a run out on this one tomorrow, what's the total distance, is it relatively leisurely?

Don't want to frighten him:-)

Cheers
Ian
Back to top Go down
Gary

avatar

Location : Bradley Stoke
Posts : 1536
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm

@ Ian - on the 1st Sunday of each month the ladies of Hill sell homemade cakes, including their world famous pavlova. There are two rides, both starting from Bradley Stoke at 10am and both going to Hill but by different routes. One route will be reasonably flat and ridden at a relaxed pace, thats the one posted by Scott and is recommended for noobs Smile . The other route may have one or two hills Wink  will be longer and will be ridden "in earnest".

NB I've now added Scott's post-pavlova route to my PrePavlova route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3235726

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Gary wrote:
@ Ian - on the 1st Sunday of each month the ladies of Hill sell homemade cakes, including their world famous pavlova. There are two rides, both starting from Bradley Stoke at 10am and both going to Hill but by different routes. One route will be reasonably flat and ridden at a relaxed pace, thats the one posted by Scott and is recommended for noobs Smile . The other route may have one or two hills Wink  will be longer and will be ridden "in earnest".

NB I've now added Scott's post-pavlova route to my PrePavlova route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3235726



For a route that's being ridden "in earnest" is crossing the A38 quite so many times really a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1st Sept Pavlova Extra   

Back to top Go down
 
1st Sept Pavlova Extra
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Major Ivan Hirst - Vintage VW Show - 25th Sept - REME HQ,Reading
» Extra large copper cables
» 2nd Pavlova ride
» Kerry vs Dublin Sept 18th
» Castle Combe sat 24th Sept 2011 (Miniworld Action Day)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Sunday Rides, (The faster group)-
Jump to: