HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DJ Rudec

PostSubject: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:20 am

Do you have a route planned for Sunday Gar or is it going to be another of your infamous magical mystery tours?!
Back to top Go down
Garrry

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:58 am

I had mentioned this Sunday's ride somewhere else on the forum but I can't seem to find it now scratch

Yes, we're off to Monmouth and though I say it myself, it's a cracking good route with generous helpings of climbing and descending. Unfortunately, the Pasty Heaven pasty shop in Monmouth is not open on a Sunday, contrary to it's website opening times, and although tempted by the 'All day breakfast' on offer in the Chinese restaurant in the same precinct, we will be stopping off at our old favourite, the Red Door Deli.

The route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18254255

If anyone has 'signed up' to do Strava's January Gran Fondo (100 km / 62 miles in a single ride), but hasn't yet done it, this Sunday's ride is your chance. As the ride is only 57 miles, unless you ride to Bradley Stoke you will fall a few miles/kms short so I am going to do 6 miles/10 kms before the main Club ride starts. I'll be starting from Greggs/Costa in Bradley Stoke at 9.00 am so we'll be back in plenty of time for the main Club ride. Bike-Richard will be joining me. Please let me know if you're going to do the extra miles.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Gary,
I am looking to join the fast group this week, can I meet up with you at the Severn bridge at Aust near the services?

What time do you anticipate being at Aust?

Thanks

David
Back to top Go down
Garrry

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi David. Glad you can join us. We should get to Aust by 10.30. Wait for us on the footpath near the road to the Services just off the roundabout. If we're first we'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks Gary.

See you there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?   

Back to top Go down

Sunday 29th - Gary? Are we Wales bound?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1