HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

PostSubject: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Right,Its booked in officially Next Friday 11th Bradley Stoke 09.30 ish.
Up to Slimbridge coffee cake and back.Route to be argued about sorry discussed as and when we can be bothered I'll bring a map.

Me
Peter?
NickF
John?
Martin?
Roger?
Nick(Tompo)

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:00 pm

thats a yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss for me then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:17 pm

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes :-)
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:06 pm

@NickF
Don't forget to book time off.!
Do we need a hard and fast route or wing it?

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 pm

wing it ... more fun that way :-)
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 am

Yeah winging it is fine, booked the day off now although have to come up with some excuse to cancel a meeting I'd already agreed to :p Easy route fine for me to, making the Sunday ride is already looking dubious with a Friday road and Saturday MTB planned ride...
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 am

Nick is that just an excuse so as not to have to go up big hills on Sunday.?
Practice Practice Practice.
The more you do it the easier it gets.

PostSubject: Friday 11th @ 9.30   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 am

All being well Friday is looking good. Not sure whether to ride to BS, traffic could be dire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 pm

can a gal join you or is for men only?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Old Guys   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I'll ask Roger, but I don't think he'll object. See you on Friday.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 pm

I don't think Roger would mind It might bring some decorum into the ride.
We will have to see what he says but I for one can't see any reason why not.So it's up to you Roger.

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:25 pm

er, gosh, OK, feels like a bit of a lose-lose situation for me - Roger will either say no, in which case I'll be sad, or he'll say yes, and I'll feel like I've been given special dispensation to join you guys - might just pass actually - hope you all have a good ride and the weather is decent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Roger is a bit like father Christmas. No, not a fat bloke with a beard : more someone who exists only when he's spoken of. I'm sure no special dispensation is required as everyone welcome on a Friday... I think the others were just pulling your leg ever so gently. Besides, if he were real(Roger not Santa) I'm sure he'd love to see you there !
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:16 pm

I have written a stern letter to Roger and sent it up the chimney to him.
Shona you can rest assured that he will be severely dealt with and made to sit on the naughty chair until he realises just what he has done.Then it's early bed time for him and no story.!!

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:50 pm

ah, I see - so rather than not wanting any girls along, you actually all just have an imaginary friend - too weird for me - I'm still out! See you guys soon Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Weird!? does that mean xmas is cancelled?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 am

All being well I should be OK for Friday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Essential equipment check list for Friday rides !1. A bicycle
2. A sense humour
Deficits in either of these areas tend to be equally problematic though the former is by farmore easily rectified than the latter , jogging shoes available upon request!
Back to top Go down
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 am

Not going to make this now Sad knee still needs to heal up some more and riding tomorrow probably means no chance of riding Sat/Sun so will skip it and hopefully get out over the weekend. Post the route up after though!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 am

We have a lady coming tomorrow called Carol.Some of you that we there early on Sunday might have met her she was the lady with the as she calls it 'pretty giant' I thought she meant me but hey there you go.Mind you she did think that Steves Ribble 'looked chunky!'So you know who (say his name three times and he appears) better be on best behaviour.!
Sorry to miss you Nick.Are you out Sunday?

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah should be unless I have any comedy moments on Saturday's MTB ride :p
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice ride today thanks to Pete,Martin,Nick,(Tompo)John,and it was really nice to have Carolyn to join us you were a very pleasant addition to the group.Breakfast at the canal side at Slimbridge went down a treat.I even enjoyed the hill at Damery.
Sorry I had to shoot of but I was late to collect bigsenior 2If I get the time and all the bits to go together in time I might try and bring it on Sunday.

How about Bradford on Avon again next Friday but via Biddestone/corsham and back via Bannerdown.
But as it's a fair way shall we muster at Warmley?

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm

yep 'twas a fun potter :-)

I like the sound of the following weeks' route !
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:03 pm

New bike v pretty.
John can you post todays Garmin I am not home tonight and I left the usb at home and I promised Carolyn I would send her the details.
Ta.
Pictures of bigsenior 2 tomorrow I hope.
I need to get some outer cables and fit chain and then go and play.
PS It's not at all 'chunky'

merlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

did you say new bike...... Argos job again?
Back to top Go down
http://nbcc.forumsmotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th   

Back to top Go down

Old Guys(and some not so)and Ladies ride Friday 11th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next