HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks Scott. Just didn't know if you needed to know stuff in advance to comply with any CTC affiliated Club rules

See you all Sunday for the 11:30 start.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Just pm me his full name.

Scaramanga

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Just pm me his full name.

PM sent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

[quote="Aerobully"]With a weekend off of the bike I will ready for some serious cake eating err bike riding.![/quote

Was that a freudian slip, with the subconscious intention of outing yourself! Mark there comes a time when one has to face one's demons. This whole facade, this carbon fibre fabrication, this lycra lie(I also thought of "rubber Ruse" but that's a little too close too home for Moi)..... It's all just a subterfuge ( do you think of fudge when you read that word or is that just me?), come on say it ,get it off your chest you, you ,you closet CAKEIST .......
Back to top Go down
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 8:38 pm

bigsenior wrote:
Sorry Gary I am confused what exactly is it you are planning?A ride alongside Nicks/Martin or instead off or instead of the cake ride but at a harder pace.I know I'm old and get confused but can you clarify.Ta.

I think squadron leader Martin has already done the clarifying, thanks Martin.
Back to top Go down
aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 pm

@Martin to be fair since I've converted to the carbon I have become increasingly aware of my sweet side. It all I can do to resist the Cadbury fingers and the Vienese Whirls!
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Well I can well see how the two might go together; hand in....ahem...glove one might say... So who's this Viennese beauty then?
Back to top Go down
clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

if I were not so lazy I would ride along with Gary and the medium paced family ride,

As Martins Fast ride is outside my comfort zone, notwithstanding the fact that he is totally nuts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 am

I'm in, i'll see you for the quick warm up ride at 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 am

Is that for the 10am start from Tesco on the 20.5 mile route or the 10am start from Tesco on the (exactly the same) 20.5 route? There is a third option, it's a 20.5 mile route the start is at Tesco @ 10am and ,wheras the other two follow the same route as each other , this differs slightly in as much as it follows exactly the same route as both or either of them..... Hope that clears up any confusion caused by earlier surperfluous posting.... Idea If none of those diverse options quite suit Gary has kindly stepped into the breach and will be leading option 4, for those who like something a little different. He's ingeniously cobbled together a 20.5 mile route(not entirely unlike the other 3 routes [identical] )with the twist being that this one starts at 10 am from Tesco....
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 10:30 am

You sure you weren't a writer for Humphrey Littleton on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W_JUeTaCPg&feature=related
05.00 minutes in
But it's all classic

merlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 am

martin wrote:
Is that for the 10am start from Tesco on the 20.5 mile route or the 10am start from Tesco on the (exactly the same) 20.5 route? There is a third option, it's a 20.5 mile route the start is at Tesco @ 10am and ,wheras the other two follow the same route as each other , this differs slightly in as much as it follows exactly the same route as both or either of them..... Hope that clears up any confusion caused by earlier surperfluous posting.... Idea If none of those diverse options quite suit Gary has kindly stepped into the breach and will be leading option 4, for those who like something a little different. He's ingeniously cobbled together a 20.5 mile route(not entirely unlike the other 3 routes [identical] )with the twist being that this one starts at 10 am from Tesco....

If NBCC had a hotline number the message would sound like this....."For all other enquiries please select option 0"

I am Titanium
Back to top Go down
http://nbcc.forumsmotion.com
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 am

Your call is important to us

aerobully

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Martin, clearly you have missed another 4 options which I'm quite surprised about. How about the reverse of all other previously mentioned rides. Of course this could be modified to avoid any confusion by a start time of 10.01 so that not everyone is leaving at the same time. Of course you cannot guarantee what time they will all get back to Bradley Stoke due to the various speed options available!
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5807558&authType=nam

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm

I was worried that going backwards would result in finishing before one had started. I'm always slightly reluctant to fiddle with the time/space continuum unless it's absolutely unavoidable. Also there could have been significant contra-flow issues, what with all the different routes being so indentically dissimilar an all. Imagine the ramifications of a head on collision with yourself travelling the opposite direction the day before...... In some cases the combined closing speed could be as high as 34 mph especially with a following wind in both directions..... In essence you could head butt yourself unconscious whilst still at home in bed sleeping.That could ruin a really nice dream!
My greatest fear is that we're over simplifying this four way inversion of a pre Pavlova ride pre ride-pre ride by omitting to mention and fully explore the possibility of the post pre ride preamble....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 pm

clifton9 wrote:
if I were not so lazy I would ride along with Gary and the medium paced family ride,

As Martins Fast ride is outside my comfort zone, notwithstanding the fact that he is totally nuts.

Re Family Guy Ride : Be cafeful not to run over any of the 3 year olds on their plastic trikes!
Back to top Go down
the_mikey

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 pm

What time is the ride again?
Back to top Go down
http://www.strava.com/athletes/144979

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Which one???? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Martin? did you spend any period of time near a Hadrion collider or site of Czernobyl disaster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Ah... so that's where I know your face!
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:18 pm

martin wrote:
I was worried that going backwards would result in finishing before one had started. I'm always slightly reluctant to fiddle with the time/space continuum unless it's absolutely unavoidable. Also there could have been significant contra-flow issues, what with all the different routes being so indentically dissimilar an all. Imagine the ramifications of a head on collision with yourself travelling the opposite direction the day before...... In some cases the combined closing speed could be as high as 34 mph especially with a following wind in both directions..... In essence you could head butt yourself unconscious whilst still at home in bed sleeping.That could ruin a really nice dream!
My greatest fear is that we're over simplifying this four way inversion of a pre Pavlova ride pre ride-pre ride by omitting to mention and fully explore the possibility of the post pre ride preamble....

LMAO

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I swear half of this club is on drugs (and not the performance-enhancing kind)...
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:31 pm

If half are on drugs how do you explain the other half?

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

gakko wrote:
Martin? did you spend any period of time near a Hadrion collider or site of Czernobyl disaster?
I'm guessing you meant Hadron collider and Chernobyl unless a Hadrian collider is a Scottish Dodgem car and Czernobyl really is a place.........
Back to top Go down
clifton9

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   Sat May 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Maybe its not just Martin who is crazy !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelineair.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May   

Back to top Go down

Early warning PAVLOVA CAKE RIDE - Sunday 6th May
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next