HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigsenior

PostSubject: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Right most of the route has been checked out and apart from a couple of little vertical challenges and of course The Iconic Cheddar gorge the rest is pretty flat.
The start is from THE CREATE CENTRE in Ashton Smeaton Road B Bond Warehouse
Bristol
BS1 6XN
Due to the length and the fact that we don't want to have to rush I think we might have to get off at 09.00hrs.
As it's a Bank Holiday traffic shouldn't be to bad and there is free parking under the cafe by the create centre on Bank holidays.As stated most of the route is moors so not really hard so should be a good chance to get a century under your belt and take in the Gorge at the same time.For those who have not ridden it yet I can assure you once you are past the hairpins it is relatively easy, we have done harder climbs.

100 route

Last edited by bigsenior on Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun May 27, 2012 10:11 pm

This being on the Tuesday ?
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun May 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Dos it not say so in the title? Twisted Evil
(HeHe)

Nick

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Should be there, agree with the 9am start to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 1:46 am

Will be there too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 7:30 am

Scott Davis ... you sly ole dog you Smile

I should be able to make 9am !
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 8:57 am

May- haps new reading glasses required Mr.M. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 9:03 am

strange how my specs are good enough to check the "last edited" dated and time Smile

Are there any "tweaks" to the route or as posted above ? If I can't make 9 I'll try
to catch you guys up as I can shortcut some of it - I guess I'd be about 30 mins
behind you at worst, so catch you at Clevedon or Weston I suspect.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 am

Dam caught out again.Thought you might take pity on an old chap!
If there any 'tweaks then it will only be bits like avoiding hills at Clevedon etc.
I would say tha what we did the other day as far as Uphill if definite.
if you drop down off the downs like we did last week whilst out recceing you should meet us ok on the portway.

Last edited by bigsenior on Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to gain sympathy)
Back to top Go down
http://bigsnr@yahoo.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 am

you don't want to miss the Clevedon hills as that'll put you on the B3124
which is a "Grand Prix" test track at the best of times Sad
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Wed May 30, 2012 12:59 pm

There is a route 'tweak' nothing drastic that John has worked on so should be able to post that up soon.
This looks like it could be a good day. so far we seem to have a goodly interest.
PS no one tell Martin about it or he might come along,and thought of having Fosters spat over me again is not ideal.
as an aside are we going to have a celebratory pint on our return? Somewhere near the start/finish?

Nick

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Wed May 30, 2012 1:25 pm

I guess the Nova Scotia is the obvious choice near the finish (I'm assuming it's still open...). Not sure I'll be hanging around long after the finish though.
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Speed you ride you will be there half an hour before us.In which case you can get the drinks in.:p

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

think the Scotia's closed isn't it ???
Could use the Pump house instead ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 pm

jam wrote:
think the Scotia's closed isn't it ???
Could use the Pump house instead ?

The Cottage is a better bet and the Orchard an even better one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:06 pm

well looking at the forecasts I'm getting the Ribble out again Smile
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:46 pm

bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Just a reminder that it's a 09.00hr start from the Create centre.I really want to get going on time so we have more time for ice creams so if you are going to be a bit delayed PLEASE let me know or meet us on route on the Portway.
For those who don't look at routes (not that we ever follow them) we are heding up the Portway to the Avonmouth Bridge ,over the bridge to Somerset then Pill and over the footbridge at Sheepway into Portishead.

Speedplay

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Count me in. (Think I'll be on the work-horse 'winter' bike - slow uphills but great going down, so as long as we're always going down hill it should be a breeze). Meet you at the Create Centre - I'll cycle down from Thornbury so may need a cake or two before kick-off! pig
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Might be worth contacting John jam as he is riding down from Brizzle with a couple of others might be nice to link up.

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Gary and myself are riding down from Bradley stoke,,going to meet in Aldi car park, not sure what time,,expect it might be 8.15'ish. Your welcome to meet us there if you like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Shona, would it still be OK for me to borrow your spare jacket?
Back to top Go down
Speedplay

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Sounds like a plan - what could possibly go wrong. I'll be at the Aldi car park at 08.00-08.05. Moreover, given I've got the day off by virtue of the Diamond Jubilee I feel duty-bound to wear the most patriotic cycling gear that I own - hence I'll be the idiot wearing the union jack stuff astride a bike outside Aldi in the rain. See you there. affraid
Back to top Go down
bigsenior

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Everyone got everything they need? I think it might be a lightweight rain jacket day,in which case I suppose I better take the haversack to carry everything as you all strip off.

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Speedplay,, don't know if we met?? I'm on a black and white cannondale. Just talked to gary, going to meet for 8.15, so no problems. I'll message you my mobile number.

Scott is that the dreaded cheddar gorge as your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th   

Back to top Go down

4 ice ceams and a cream tea 100 miler.Tuesday 5th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next